PDA

View Full Version : About doing LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

yvonne326
Tue, Nov-12-02, 14:29
Reading the facts on Thyroid disease in the thread above, the foods listed as producing a negative thyroid are foods that I frequently eat - broccoli, asparagus, green leafy vegetables, Soy.... How can one do LC and NOT eat these foods??

Is Low Carbing difficult to do when you have hypothyroidism?? This is very discouraging :(

doreen T
Tue, Nov-12-02, 18:09
hi Yvonne,

Goitrogenic foods are a concern when (a) eaten raw and (b) eaten in excess. Cooking eliminates or minimizes the goitrogenic factor. For the benefit of other readers, these foods include:brussles sprouts
rutabaga (also called swede)
turnips
kohlrabi
radishes
cauliflower
cabbage
kale
cassava
milletJust make sure you have them fully cooked, and/or have them in limited amounts.

Soy products may antithyroid after long-term use. Some studies show yes, other studies say no. Moderation is key.

Doreen

yvonne326
Wed, Nov-13-02, 09:36
So aside from this list I can eat asparagus, broccoli, dark green veggies like spinach? I eat these steamed and raw - - especially the broccoli and spinach (salad)