PDA

View Full Version : Hi There... New to Boards, but not to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bitrswt99
Tue, Nov-12-02, 13:57
Hi All!

My husband (Chapinho) has finally convinced me to join the low-carb bandwagon!! I've offically started today ;) He's been doing the PP/Neanderthin plan (not for weight loss, he's in competitive sports), and I have been attempting to stick with Weight Watchers for the past 5 weeks, to no avail. We had a baby boy in July and needless to say, I'm the one with the leftover baby weight! I've done Atkins with one of my best friends as support for her a couple of years back for appox. 3 weeks, and was amazed to find myself 12 lbs lighter!! She also had a dramatic weight loss at the time, but she ended up with kidney problems and pneumonia. We thought that being on Atkins may have been the cause, so we both stopped doing it. She's fine now, but I guess my main concern is if in fact the kidney problems could be related to the plan. I'm making sure to drink plenty of water, to try and avoid that!! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and will be on for much advice and support!!

bitrswt99 :wave:

JudyTrue
Tue, Nov-12-02, 14:16
Hi and Welcome! :wave:

There are plenty of other LC programs, if you think Atkins may not be for you. Go to the Quick Links and "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" I think you'll find all the information you need there.

We're glad you're here, regardless of the plan you choose, and you'll find tons of information and supportive people here to help.

Have a great day! :)

Chapinho
Wed, Nov-13-02, 10:51
Originally posted by bitrswt99
Hi All!

My husband (Chapinho) has finally convinced me to join the low-carb bandwagon!!

....and boy was it hard!!! hehehe