PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Cookies - low carb, no kidding!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Synthetik
Tue, Nov-12-02, 08:15
Low Carb, Sugar Free, and YUMMY Peanut Butter Cookies

Now you all aren't going to believe me, but my husband who isn't low carbing and HATES peanut butter tried one of these cookies, and he said, and I quote: "This is probably the only way I will ever like peanut butter!"

1 cup of low carb peanut butter
1 1/2 cup of Splenda
1 egg
Cooking Spray
Splenda

Preheat oven to 350. Mix Peanut butter, Splenda, and egg in a bowl. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll peanut butter mixture into balls and place on cookie sheet. Dip a fork into Splenda and make criss cross patterns on the balls.

Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are solid.

kctrin
Fri, Nov-15-02, 17:14
Wow those sound great!! I will have to try those asap!!

Thank you so much.

I guess you wouldnt know a actual carb count per cookie huh?
:D

blossom
Sun, Nov-17-02, 23:30
I am going to right now :) Peanut butter cookies are my FAVORITE.
Thanks Synthetik

NANCI B
Fri, Dec-06-02, 15:25
This sounds great. I used to make this with real sugar. they turn out great. I was wondering how many cookies this makes? I went to fitday and got the stats on this recipe.
for the total recipe:
source grams cals %total
Total: 1818
Fat: 125 1125 64%
Sat: 26 230 13%
Poly: 1 6 0%
Mono: 2 17 1%
Carbs: 85 306 18%
Fiber: 8 0 0%
Protein: 78 313 18%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

need to know how many it makes to figure out the per each carbs.
thanks,
nanci

nani
Mon, May-26-03, 23:29
:confused:
I love these cookies....thanks for the recipe, but I'm confused...is it one and a half cups of splenda or one half cup? I've seen the recipe two ways.

coolazchic
Tue, May-27-03, 00:17
It is half a cup I tried it with one and a half cups....way to sweet. Yikes! :eek:

nani
Tue, May-27-03, 19:41
Thanks so much! I thought that may be toooo much :daze:

MrMsgirl
Thu, May-29-03, 14:00
I'm off to the kitchen right now to make these. After my episode yesterday with the cookies in the house....I think I should keep a better alternative around. :rolleyes: These sound awesome!

Rachel :wave:

NANCI B
Thu, May-29-03, 17:35
I just made these cookies and they were very good..........too good. I got 36 quarter size cookies out of it. so they come to about 2.13 gram of carb per cookie. I cant eat just one either. I ate 6 or so right out of the oven. I am not strong enough to resist these things.

Nanci

chmerasfyr
Tue, Nov-16-04, 05:43
May be a dumb question...but i dont know so here goes.. Is peanut butter allowed to be eaten in the intro stage of the atkins diet?? Are these cookies allowed in intro stage?? hehe. What is Splenda? Where do i find it?
thnx :p
cat

chysmith
Tue, Nov-16-04, 22:42
Peanut butter is not allowed during induction. Here is the list of acceptable foods (http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html) that I found on the Atkin's website. Splenda is an artificial sweetener (http://atkins.com/helpatkins/newfaq/answers/WhatKindOfSweetenersDoYouRecommend.html) that most grocery stores now carry in the spoonable form (similar to real sugar) or can be purchased in packet form. A lot of health food stores also carry it. I have recently seen it at my local Costco.

Ohio Kim
Tue, Nov-23-04, 12:07
These cookies are WONDERFUL.. I usually chill mine before rolling them into balls to make them less messy, but I must admit, they are so good, I've often caught myself sneaking into the freezer for a few spoonfuls and sometimes don't have much left when it's time to bake them...

GrooveJock
Tue, Dec-07-04, 07:07
Is there a way to subsitute the bulk splenda for packets of splenda? 1/2 cup = how many packets?

Yaberhoo
Tue, Dec-07-04, 23:13
1/2 cup bulk splenda = 12 packets of splenda:D

Here is a link to a very useful chart previously posted on this forum:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142953&highlight=splenda+conversion

cranial33
Sun, Dec-19-04, 10:02
Keep a large glass of water around when you eat them.

jwilson65
Thu, Apr-10-08, 22:58
It would be cool if the recipe could be changed to reflect just the 1/2 cup. I didn't read the whole thread prior to making them with the 1 and 1/2 cups splenda....