PDA

View Full Version : Its sure hard.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mentalone
Sun, Nov-10-02, 19:40
:bash: I have been doing ok with the carbs I think. I like to bake so I bake for the people that I work with. Today I made yeast sweet rolls. No I didn't eat any. I had two egg four sausage links and for lunch a salad. Just lettuce and two tbl spoons of dressing. Tonight I had a steak and a cream cheese dessert. (two 8oz paks of cream cheese and a packet of sugar free jello)It is pretty good and only about two carbs per serving. My weight is 286 and I am 5,7'' . So I really need to loose wieght. I try to exercise as often as I can. walking on the treadmill (45 min) and doing the cross trainer (20 min). Then I sit in the sauna for as long as I can take it. I need so food ideas I get bored with just meat and eggs.

mischa
Sun, Nov-10-02, 20:10
Hi mentalone,

Welcome to this forum. There are great recipes in the Kitchen section where you can get ideas for some variety. You also can eat a good amount of vegetables and all kinds of cheeses. Most people list there foods eaten in there journals, perhaps there you can get some ideas as well :)

Good luck

Mischa :wave:

orchidday
Sun, Nov-10-02, 20:39
Hi mentalone!

Welcome to the forum! Hey, we have the same starting weight! Big drag, eh? Well hang in there, it gets easier, I promise! Just glancing at your menu, it sounds too stark. Breakfast is good but your lunch is way too low in calories and fat. Dinner too. Try adding more vegetables and fat. Check the recipe section, it can be a life saver! There are SO many things you can eat. Hang in there, we are all working at it! Cindi

RCFletcher
Mon, Nov-11-02, 01:36
Hi mentalone!

It is possible to bake low carb. I must confess I don't do it. I could never bake anyway. I do make low carb pancakes however with a mixture of soya flour, protein powder lots of eggs and cream. I eat them sweet with powdered sweetener and lemon juice or fill them with a savoury mix. I also make little thick ones for spreading butter, pate or caviar on.

You might want to leave the baking till after you finish induction (soya flour does have some carbs) but it will be possible for you to make bread and other things. You'll find recipies on this board.

Enjoy you low carbing - and remember to eat enough.

Good luck,

Robert.

Cinderella
Mon, Nov-11-02, 10:03
Looks like you are off to a strong start. Good for you!!
I'm impressed with your willpower...you wouldn't find me baking rolls for other without diving into them. Yikes!!

Have you considered starting a journal...makes it so easy to jot down your daily menus and anything else you want-(mine contains my every move and thought!)
Check out the hot links under the newbies questions. Tons of wonderful tips...I still go there for info. And take the advice alredy given and head over to the recipe boards...wow..I love it there!
I find this is the best support for me and I log onto my computer everyday to read these boards...

~~Welcome~~
cin

Kristine
Mon, Nov-11-02, 15:44
You are brave!! I can't imagine baking sugary treats; I'm way too impulsive. :lol:

Good for you for getting in your exercise: that's important not just for weight loss, but mental and physical health overall. :thup:

I hope you find some new foods you like - there are all kinds of veggies, salad dressings, etc that I never would have thought I'd like, until I started along the low-carb road.

Have fun!

Paulie-M
Wed, Nov-13-02, 13:42
Hi Mentalone:wave:

You must have really strong willpower to be able to bake and not test the goods!! It's bad enough when you go to the supermarket and walk past the in store bakery let alone having all those goodies in your own kitchen ;) .

Keep up the good work, as the other have said, you'll find loads of ideas in the recipe section.