PDA

View Full Version : My intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

paradux
Sun, Nov-10-02, 06:35
Hi, all,

I found this forum while searching for recipes - what a GREAT place. Anyway, this is my intro...

I decided to read the Atkins book and try out the plan after seeing a coworker I hadn't seen in some time and found that he had lost 125 lbs. in 16 months doing Atkins. (His cholesterol dropped 50 points, too!) I was absolutely amazed at his success and congratulated him. :eek:

After starting the plan in September, I've lost about 15 pounds, and I have NOT felt "deprived" in any way. The only struggle I've had with this way of eating is that I have to do my homework and do more planning. I've found the Atkins products to be very good - I enjoy the bars as a quick lunch, and that also keeps me out of the company cafeteria, where lots of unhealthy stuff lurks.

The more I read Atkins, the more my weight problem and other observations start to make sense. :idea: No wonder switching to diet soda sweetened with NutraSweet didn't make any difference. No wonder my Dad could put away bacon and eggs every morning and still have low cholesterol while my Mom ate a "healthier" diet and struggled with her cholesterol levels.

I've only just started and still have a long way to go, but I think this is one plan I can stick with. I'm fortunate that my husband is also on the plan - I had some trouble convincing him to try it, since he has had a cholesterol problem in the past. I told him, just wait until your next blood test - you should see some improvement.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Thanks for a wonderful forum and resource center!

orchidday
Sun, Nov-10-02, 09:05
:wave:

Welcome aboard Liz! You have a great attitude towards this WOL. I hope you enjoy the forum, there is tons of support and information here. Have a great day. Cindi

Cinderella
Sun, Nov-10-02, 09:43
Welcome Liz!! Looks like you're working the plan to it's fullest! Great job. ~~Congratulations on your successful life changes!

cin

paradux
Wed, Nov-13-02, 07:31
Hi, and thank you both for the encouraging words. I'm sure gonna need them when I hit plateaus (as I tend to do with ANY new way of eating). I'll find this place really useful to get me past these tough spots.

Thanks again!