PDA

View Full Version : Northern Florida

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AlluraD
Thu, Nov-07-02, 14:01
Hello~
Just wanted to say hello to any florida buddies out there............still have to lose about 50 lbs and would love a buddy for support and encouragment~

BamaMom
Sat, Nov-09-02, 10:57
I'm not in florida, I'm in northeast alabama....but I'd be happy to lend you all the support I can from here. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, thats FANTASTIC!!!

AlluraD
Sat, Nov-09-02, 11:03
Hi Pam~
Thanks so much. I am origonally from Upstate, NY been here two years.......my mother is from Alabama.......Odenville.......not dure where that is..........an hour from Birmingham I think but not sure in what direction?? *s*

Have you been doing Atkins long?? Nice to meet you, let's keep in touch~ :wave:

BamaMom
Sat, Nov-09-02, 11:21
I've been doing Atkins for a month..today in fact is my one month anniversary. so far lost 10 lbs and several inches :)

I am amazed at your loss, you'll have that last 50 gone in no time!!

AlluraD
Sat, Nov-09-02, 12:21
Pam that's great!!

One of the best things about Atkins is that you tend to lose a lot of inches because your body is burning fat.......sometimes even when the scale isn't moving you can feel a difference in your clothes.

Congratulations on you success. Think of 10 lbs. of butter, or potatoes.......that's a lot!!! :clap:

BamaMom
Sat, Nov-09-02, 14:39
thanks for the encouragement Allura! you're right, 10 pounds of potatoes is A LOT! i was just thinking...10 more lbs and I'll have lost that big bag of dog food I bring home every week ! lol

AlluraD
Sat, Nov-09-02, 14:46
*LOL* My husband says I should pick up 6 of those two lb. bags of cat litter and put them in the grocery cart and try to push them around!!
Too much work.......amazing to think I carried that around with me every day!! Yikes!!! I'm tired just thinking about it!!

Hope your day is going well~

AlluraD
Sat, Nov-09-02, 14:48
twenty lb. geez.....can't type.

BamaMom
Sat, Nov-09-02, 20:11
120 lbs lost....that is absolutely amazing! way to go!

Do you have any before and after pics??

AlluraD
Sun, Nov-10-02, 00:05
Yes I do but not sure how to post them or where to put them.