PDA

View Full Version : :confused: New need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nawchem
Thu, Nov-07-02, 11:43
Is this right. For all meals you eat however much of the allowed veges and eat about the same amount of protein? I'm trying to keep it simple, I've seen on this site the 4 carb rule and am confused do you subtract fiber? Should I even count carbs? Does that mean I need to know exactly how much I'm eating, as in measuring the vegetables?

I just have the lifeplan book, but didn't see any of that stuff in there.

Also confused about eating nuts and seeds when hungry. Do you have to match that with vegetables or is this a pure emergency idea?

thanks Nancy

Zuleikaa
Thu, Nov-07-02, 21:22
The nuts, seeds, beef jerky is usually for emergency meals/snacks. You don't count carbs if the food is on the approved meat veggie list. You just go with the limits.

The carb count is for additional things like salad dressings or other foods. Then the limit is no more than 4 grams of carbs per serving and watch serving sizes. Generally some people try to keep CMs under 10 carbs total, if you choose to count carbs. Generally the guidelines are 4-6 ounces of cooked protein and 4 cups raw or 2 cups cooked or combination of low carb veggies. As you can see that's a lot of veggies. The veggie you have to watch is tomato. You are limited to 1/4 raw tomato with any CM meal. Generally low carb veggies are the same as induction. Broccoli needs to be watched. Some people react to it, some people don't.

Hope this helps.

Oh nuts and seeds. Don't use any with over 4 grams carbs minus fiber.