PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PopRawks
Thu, Nov-07-02, 06:41
hi, My name is Jerri -- I am Starting the Induction phase today. And I need all the support I can get.

I've tried what seems like every other diet out there & I'm just praying that this will work for me.

- Jerri

RCFletcher
Thu, Nov-07-02, 09:52
Hi Jerri :thup:

Congratulation on chosing this way of eating. The good news is - it does work. Other news is - it's not really a diet...more like a way of life.

Follow the book to the letter and you should see the lbs drop off.

If you have tried low fat diets before though, it may take a little longer as you've been starving your body and it will try to hang on to its fat reserves.

Enjoy yourself - you can have bacon and eggs for breakfast every day! :daze:

Robert :wave:

Talon
Thu, Nov-07-02, 11:32
Welcome Jerri! :wave:

This way of eating works for many people that had no success on a low-fat/high-carb way of eating. It has for me!

DWRolfe
Thu, Nov-07-02, 13:16
Welcome to the forum!

Whether you’ve realized it yet or not, you’ve just found a treasure trove of LC information and support!

Good luck on your LC journey!

Donald :wave:

P.S. I'm on day 4 of re-Induction! I've lost 92lbs this year...

Cinderella
Thu, Nov-07-02, 13:23
~~Welcome Jerri~~

This is a great forum full of fun and support. Start a journal for yourself and feel free to poke through everyone elses :D :D

cin

PopRawks
Fri, Nov-08-02, 09:45
Thank you guys!

KarenAnne
Fri, Nov-08-02, 11:14
:yay: Dear Jerri,

You will not regret doing the induction phase! Welcome to the Bulletin Board, everyone here is just great and very supportive. I only joined myself a couple of days ago, but have been doing Atkins for over two weeks now and lost 8.5 kgs ( 16 + pounds) in the first two weeks. If I had not seen it I would not believe it... but it works.. and guess what.. you won't be hungry between meals anymore. Sure, there is what I call the "detox" phase where I had headaches and a bad taste in my mouth, but I put up with it because the inches and weight were falling off me. I have about 60 more pounds to lose and really believe this time that this way of life will guarantee the loss - no matter how long it takes, I feel great doing this Atkins programme and intend to carry on doing it as a way of life.

Welcome :) and I wish you all the best on your Low Carb way of eating.

Karen