PDA

View Full Version : New to low carb - help need to start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

plantair
Sat, Nov-02-02, 15:56
Hi. I am completly new to this type of diet and also to computers. I have looked very briefly at the atkins diet to start to follow. Could reads please give me some tips of where and how to start. And ideas on any other low carb diets, I would like to lose about 2kgs a week. I live in Oberon near Bathurst NSW. Please help .
Linda

Kristine
Sat, Nov-02-02, 21:36
Hi Linda! You're in the right place if you're looking for info on other low carb diets, etc. You've probably noticed the one "quick link" over to the right --> "Which low carb diet is right for me?" It gives a breif explanation of some of the more popular plans and lets you compare. It's important to choose something that will fit into your lifestyle. One isn't necessarily 'better' than the other - it's only 'better' if it works for you.

I started the way you did - I explored this forum, understood the general concept of LC, looked at the recipes, then read some of the books.

One thing I'd caution you on, though - setting a goal of losing x number of pounds per week is like setting the goal of having no rain for the next x amount of time - it's out of your control. Too often, it just leads to disappointment. 2 kg per week is an awful lot and not physically possible for many people.

Not to discourage you, though - do indeed poke around the forum and don't hesitate to ask any questions you still may have. :thup: Cheers!