PDA

View Full Version : I've been stuck for weeks!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigshooter
Sat, Nov-02-02, 15:11
I lost over 40 pounds in a matter of several weeks but now I seem to be stuck in one spot , I didn't change anything but the diet just seemed to stall.
I've been watching my carbs and keeping it well under 20 a day.
I do take supplements.
I do drink lots of water.
I do not overdo on the artificial sweeteners.
I do not take any medications.

I do drink way too much caffeine & I don't exercise much.
I have a good 70 pounds to go , any suggestions?

Talon
Sat, Nov-02-02, 15:18
I have a sugestion - patience. Sounds like you are doing the right things - sometimes our bodies just get to a point that they hang on to everything - they are healing from the way we used to eat. Your body will start losing - when it wants to- which unfortunately isn't when we want it to! My longest stall was 7 weeks - hang in there!

Karen
Sat, Nov-02-02, 16:02
Your body will often take a break - think of what its been through! - and usually it's no cause for alarm.

Can you post a sample of your daily menu? Sometimes not enough as well as too much food can be the culprit.

I've been watching my carbs and keeping it well under 20 a day.

Less is not always best. Don't let creeping carb-anoia prevent you from living it up a little. It's best to have a little variety in the form of more vegetables and a little low-carb fruit every now and again.

KAren

AlluraD
Sat, Nov-02-02, 21:41
It can get discouraging. I haven't lost any lbs. for the last 6 weeks even though I am doing all the same things that took off the last 120. I have gone up and down as far as my emotional state is concerned. Most of the time I hold onto the fact that I feel so much better than I did when I was eating sugar, flour, etc.. I know I am being good to myself. The time will pass anyway and I know if I hang in there I will not find myself farther behind when it does if I am patient with myself.........this type of eating will be with me for always.........it isn't a diet that you do for awhile till you "loose the weight" and then go back to old habits. Take a breath and keep on doing what you know works........focus on other things for awhile that make you feel good while you do.

HLFAN
Sat, Nov-02-02, 22:17
Allura and Bigshooter, Holy smokes, you guys are doing an amazing thing. Patience is a killer, I know, but look how far you've come!!! :roll:

I find that making small mini-goals really helps me. If I keep focusing on the total amount I have to lose I get depressed, but if I want to lose 5 lbs by Xmas, this I can deal with.

Also, major menu planning. At least 2 days in advance I have my menus set. I live near a great 24hour supermarket so I have no excuse not to eat properly.

All in all, I find that I feel more content each day. Always eat before you get really hungry and include snacks in your menu plan. You two are a great inspiration and I'll be watching, and hoping you start a journal!!

I haven't started a journal, just don't have time now.

Good luck and see ya soon, Nancy :wave: