PDA

View Full Version : Fertility tmt & LC?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NoCarbKris
Thu, Oct-31-02, 21:53
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, but very excited by all of the information available. I too, have PCOS. I am currently undergoing fertility treatments, trying to get pregnant, and have also just begun the Atkins diet.

Should I get pregnant, does anyone know how it should affect my diet? Is it okay to be doing the induction while trying to get preg?

Thanks,
Kristi

spch
Fri, Nov-01-02, 09:24
dont do induction in case you do conceive. you can probably do the atkins using more carbs (fruits and veggies kind of carbs, that is).

tripletmom
Wed, Nov-13-02, 00:37
I would think that your Fertility doctor (Reproductive Endocrinologist) would have mentioned the diet to you. I stand FIRM that I was able to get pregnant during my treatment (IVF/ICSI) because I was on LC. My doctor told me to go on Atkins, and stay on until we got a + pregnancy result. When I did get the +, I slowly added carbs back into my diet... started with soy milks and bran cereals, wheat bread, etc. I still tried to stay true, and keep the sugars way down. I never ate white bread, potatoes, pasta, or cookies while pregnant. I ate a lot of protein... but I had to supplement with Carnation Instant Breakfast.. since I needed to get in 4000 calories/day (that's what happens when you have triplets!)

Best of luck!