PDA

View Full Version : New low carber

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stephi010
Thu, Oct-31-02, 17:56
Hi

I am Toni and I am 35 years old and just starting to low carb today. I am diabetic and have been trying to lose weight on my own but that hasnt worked. I crave sugar, potatoes, pasta.

I live in indiana and have a 11 year old daughter.

My father will be doing the low carb with me as he was just diagnosed with diabetes.

:roll:

HLFAN
Thu, Oct-31-02, 19:21
Hi Stephi, good luck to you and your Dad. Hope he's feeling better soon.

There are forums here dedicated to Diabetic issues, very interesting. My brother has type 2 so I read them all, but he won't read them. Very stubborn.

This is first diet I've ever been on that hasn't left me starving all the time. In fact, when you get hungry it's important to eat. With lots of good LC food in the house, I'n never even tempted to cheat. The LC recipes are amazing. I've been trying them one at a time. Good luck and see ya soon, Nancy

:wave:

Zuleikaa
Fri, Nov-01-02, 08:04
Welcome Steph!

Why don't you take a look over to the right "Which low carb plan is right for me". Really read closely now. Then select a plan, buy or borrow the book and follow it closely.

Join in any time. Glad to have you!

Good Luck to both you and your day!! :thup:

BrewWa
Fri, Nov-01-02, 18:35
Toni,

Good luck to you and your father. I think it's great he's doing it with you. You will get a lot of support from us fellow low carbers. You have your motivation; LCing is great for diabetics. I encourage you to do your research, make a plan, and then work your plan.

As far as cravings, as many will tell you, they tend to go away after the first few days.

Again, good luck!

BrewWa