PDA

View Full Version : been there

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

katya
Wed, Oct-30-02, 13:49
Hi There,

I first tried no carbs in '97 with a doctor in Paris that I paid about $100 bucks each time I saw him. He also prescribed diet pills along with a diet regimen, which was basically no carbs. He also did an indepth blood analysis on me which determined that I had insulin issues. He also said that with what my insulin was doing, he's surprised I wasn't as big as a house.

Anyhow, I did lose weight and was gorgeously thin. Now it's a few years and 2 kids later and I am going to go full steam no carbs. When I was pregnant, I thought it was no use. But I have been mindful of the carbs since '97.

:yum:

Cyprinodon
Wed, Oct-30-02, 14:48
We already knew France was ahead of us on healthy eating as a cultural thing. I wonder if in general, French doctors are ahead of U.S. doctors when it comes to knowing what excess carbs can do to a person.