PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Info on black (rye) bread and buckwheat porridge please?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RCFletcher
Sat, Oct-26-02, 02:34
Hi everyone,

A young female colleague of mine who is rather overweight and is also a vegitarian recently expressed an interest in Low carb dieting. Two of us are doing Atkins and she said, "Hum, I don't think this is a diet for vegitarians".

I suggested Sugar Busters to her as it would give her more choices...also she admits she is addicted to sugar.

Wew live in Belarus. The favourite bread here is very dark Russian bread made wirh rye. I suspect it is very healthy and suitable for sugar busters but would appreciate any advice about it. Another favourite food is buckwheat porridge. I find it discusting as it is brown and tastes like cardboard - but again I suspect it might suit the sugar busters diet.

I'm trying to compile some info on suger busters for this young lady to give her at work on Monday. The book is not available in this country and cannot easily be ordered.

Thanks,

Robert
:wave:

molly1844
Sat, Oct-26-02, 07:29
If the bread is wholegrain and contains 3 or less grams of sugar per serving it should be fine.

I assume the porridge is just whole grain buckwheat as well. Just use an acceptable sweetner (Splenda Equal, Agave etc) if needed.

HTH

molly :)