PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Regina
Sun, Jun-24-01, 09:06
Hello,

A little about myself. My doctor put me on a low carb diet the 2nd week of April this year. I started out at 234lbs and I am now at 190lbs. I hope to get down to 140-150lbs. I was put on the diet because of medical reasons, after my second birth I had problems with my insulin. I have what they call insulin resistance. I tried adkins but since my doctor said I should only have 60gms a day, I went to that. It was too hard with hardly any carbs. I am also on Metformin (sp??) for my insulin. Does anyone else have this problem too? I would also like any encouragement. My husband helps there but it is nice to have it from an outside source too.

Regina

debbiedobson
Sun, Jun-24-01, 09:16
hi regina and welcome!:D wow!! 44lb loss! that's wonderful! you're doing really well! i don't know much about insulin resistance or metformin. i'm sure you'll receive a lot of advise here. we've some really knowledgable friends here. i know someone can help you out!

fern2340
Sun, Jun-24-01, 09:34
Hi Regina!
Juat wanted to welcome you to the board! Your weight loss is great so far! Good luck in achieving your goal!!!!

:)