PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fdxman
Thu, Oct-24-02, 16:28
My name is Bob. I went on the Atkins diet about 3 years ago. I went from about 340 something to about 270. I was losing about 5 pounds a week. Even when I cheated I would still lose weight. So when I finally got off the diet. I thought I would be ok. Well to say the least Ive tryed to get my weight back under control. But cannot get through introduction. If anyone has any suggestions Im looking forward to hearing from you..........The FDXMAN :wave:

mischa
Thu, Oct-24-02, 17:42
Hello Bob,

I would suggest to have lots of Protein on hand, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs and cheese. So when you have a craving you have something there to snack on. Just the first few days are tough going through carb withdrawl, after this things should get easier. Drink lots of water and snack on protein.
You done it ones...you can do it again:)
Good Luck and keep us informed, lots of good information here and super support.

Mischa

Zuleikaa
Thu, Oct-24-02, 18:31
Welcome!

During induction the key is to plan and prepare. Always have allowable food ready to eat and available. Stay away from fake sugars. Don't chew gum and always, always have beef jerky in your pocket/briefcase for hunger pangs.

Enjoy the site and and forum. There is a lot of information and good people her.

You can do it!