PDA

View Full Version : are you out there? hypo thyroid buddy?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anewlife
Thu, Oct-24-02, 10:25
I've been doing atkins for six weeks and haven't lost any weight at all. I have a doctor's appointment to see if my thyroid is "hypothyroid." I strongly suspect this is the case. (I have a friend who is a doctor and he says I definately need to be tested.) I'd like to find someone who is hypothyroid and has managed to lose weight on a low carb diet. I depressed about all the work I've done to stay on the atkins diet and at first i lost 3 pounds, but gained those 3 pounds back. how is this possible? i sometimes feel that i have no hope, but i'm hanging on. Are you out there? Have you lost weight as a hypothyroid person? Tell me your story?

Danyele
Thu, Oct-24-02, 12:53
hi,

I can relate without a doubt. Last year i became very sick,gaining weight, fatigue, hormonal problems. Turns out i am hypothyroid and have PCOS. I did everything to lose the weight since i had been really into fitness and knew about nutrition but nothing worked. I gained weight on a low cal low fat diet my naturopath put me on. I finally got my thyroid regulated and started to address my PCOS and have lost 20 lbs, only 20 more to go. THis is the only thing that has worked, along with strenuous exercise 5-6 days a week. GOod luck and please let me know how everything goes.

Danyele