PDA

View Full Version : concerned about enough energy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

smudge
Sat, Jun-23-01, 12:00
HI, I havent started a low carb diet yet, but by all accounts they work well. My only concern is that I play Rugby, for this i used to have a high intake of carb, via carb drinks, to maintaine my energy through the game. If I cut this out, how can i keep up my energy levels. I'm aiming to loose 30lbs from 210. Any feedback on this matter would be most welcome as I love to train for this very demanding sport.

Trainerdan
Sat, Jun-23-01, 15:37
hello Smudge ...

It may be easier if you wait until the off-season to drop your carbs. For most people, energy levels drop way off during low-carb diets (yes, even on a CKD ...) This may not be the most beneficial for you or your team during your competitive season ... and rugby is a VERY high intensity sport.

You can try a CKD, but if you have competitions later in the week (Wed, Thurs) your performance may suffer.

If your competitions are generally Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues you may be OK. MAYBE ...

It's your choice, but when I am in-season, I keep my carbs up so I perform at maximum. Use your off-season to achieve any new goals that you have to prepare yourself for your NEXT competitive season.

That's my advice anyway.