PDA

View Full Version : wondering

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SCHAM
Sat, Jun-23-01, 06:39
Hello everyone, I'm a new member and I joined because I have just learned about the connection of carbs and sugar. I'm 9 months pregnant and have been spilling a lot of glucose in my urine. After two blood glucose tests that came up fine ( I don't have gestational diabetes) my doctor assumed it was because of the amount of fruit I was eating on a daily basis. Does anyone know of any other reason I might be spilling so much glucose. Are there any web sites where I can read up on information about carbs and sugar levels in the body?

Karen
Sat, Jun-23-01, 09:51
Hi SCHAM,

Welcome to the board!

This is from our tips section in the red bar at the top of the page:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips004.html

I think the best explanation for your question is found in the book, Protein Power by Dr. Michael Eades.

It's usually a bit quiet around here on weekends. No doubt someone else will be along soon.

Karen