PDA

View Full Version : [SB] question about SB and pregnancy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jabs72
Tue, Oct-22-02, 09:46
can pregnant women do Sugar busters? I know ketosis is bad, or so i have heard.....but i just don't eat a lot of sugar anyway, or white flour products....anyone know...i have the book, but maybe i just missed that.

RonaMoore
Tue, Oct-22-02, 10:37
Hi!

I would think the best answer to that would be from your OB/Gyn. Take your book to your next appointment and ask him. Though, have the pages open to just the description of the actual eating plan
However I would be very surprised if he had any objections once he reads how balanced this particular plan is. Unlike Atkins and other low-carb, it doesn't remove whole food groups. It just limits you to the higher fiber versions of a good many foods, because the fiber lowers the food on the Glycemic Index (the measure of how fast the body turns the food to sugar).
Good luck!
Rona Moore :wave:

molly1844
Wed, Oct-23-02, 17:48
Look on page 246 in the SB Book. The last FAQ is about pregnancy.

The authors give a big thumbs up to eating SB while pregnant. :thup:

HTH
molly