PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kelleyb
Sun, Oct-20-02, 15:06
Hello... I'm a 41-yr.-old teacher from S. Florida--I teach middle school, and direct a summer camp for kids from other countries. I've been married for 19+ years, and have 3 kids (12, 15 and 16). I've lived in the midwest, Panama (Central America), and now Florida. I started Atkins on 7/20 of this year. I lost 22 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I was amazed at how easy it was. I haven't lost any lbs. since, but I'll save that problem for a different post. I have a question: Some people have pictures posted--That's great, because I can see a "real person" rather than just words. How do you do that? Anyway, I'm delighted I stumbled onto this site. It seems huge and a bit intimidating, but I'm sure I'll get used to it... Thank you all...

Rosebud
Sun, Oct-20-02, 16:14
Hi Kelley, welcome! :wave:

You'll find the picture info here. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884)

Have a good look around the forum - I'd especially recommend the "Hot Links" sticky in the newbies forum.

Kelley, how about starting up a journal here? If you post your daily food intake, we'll be better able to judge why your weight loss stopped.

Cheers!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

kelleyb
Sun, Oct-20-02, 16:36
Thank you! Let's see if it works...

HLFAN
Sun, Oct-20-02, 20:22
Hola Kellyb, you have a very busy life! You've done really well on your weight loss and I'm sure you stall will be over soon.

Welcome to the board. I love this site. Last month I stumbled upon by accident and now try to check in at least once a day. Lots of fabulous people and info. Good luck. nancy :wave: