PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong with the cauliflower puree?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Scarlet
Sat, Oct-19-02, 14:46
Hello Guru Karen

I made the cauliflower puree and it tasted ok, but still like cauli. I amn't a big fan of cauli I must confess. So, is there any way for me to make it taste more ike potato. Everyone else seems to report great success with making this.

Here is what I did:

boiled cauli for 40 mins in salted water with cream added

chopped it up

put in blender with 2 tablespoons cream, some salt

removed, heated with butter and parmesan

Should I have put more cream in? Ay thoughts?

Cheers!

Karen
Sat, Oct-19-02, 16:29
So, is there any way for me to make it taste more ike potato.

Alas, no. You can make the texture thicker, but the cauliflower taste will remain.

Did you drain the cauliflower well after cooking it? Draining it in a colander as well as placing something heavy on top to press out the water helps. Steaming makes the cauliflower less water-logged.

Mashing it with cream cheese, a bit of garlic powder - if you use it - and salt and pepper will help. cream makes it thinner. You can also place it in a casserole and bake it with cheese on top and sprinkle it with crisp bacon, green onions and sour cream.

Karen

Scarlet
Sat, Oct-19-02, 16:54
Thanks !

Alas it is as I feared. Still, I may get used to it. I did take considerable pains to make it less waterlogged.

Oh well, cest la vie.

BTW does the cauliflied rice REALLY taste like rice? Or does it still have that cauli edge to it :p ?

Karen
Sat, Oct-19-02, 16:57
BTW does the cauliflied rice REALLY taste like rice? Or does it still have that cauli edge to it ?

LOL! Of course it tastes like cauliflower. Rice shaped cauliflower.

Karen

Scarlet
Sun, Oct-20-02, 10:36
Oh dear, o dear, o dear, and ppl kept exclaiming how great this cauli fried rice was.... how uncaulilike.......... the search must go on then.

:D :D :D

Karen
Sun, Oct-20-02, 10:48
An idea! :idea:

You could learn to like cauliflower, then your dilemma would be solved!

Pretend it's the best thing that ever happened and go from there...

Karen

Scarlet
Sun, Oct-20-02, 20:34
That's in my plans, I already am makin myself eat all sorts of things I would have hated before.

Perserverance, perserverance and SALT :)

Karen
Mon, Oct-21-02, 17:08
Perserverance, perserverance and SALT

And cheese, and cream and butter, and olive oil and soy sauce and herbs... :D

Karen