PDA

View Full Version : Plan on the go

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

goleta
Tue, Oct-15-02, 19:05
Thank you to all that replied. I have been looking at other peoples journals and it just seems that they have time to cook at each meal. I have made a bunch of eggs and do take that for breakfast and I have been having chicken and fish and a salad for lunch but I am getting tired of it. Nuts are a good idea for a snack, it is just hard not to be able to take a normal break to eat a bit. Further ideas would be welcomed. Thanks again, Goleta

tigersue
Tue, Oct-15-02, 19:29
one thing for lunches is I try to make extra portions at dinner to send with my husband to use at work. That maybe something you can do. It saves on the cooking and if you can stand leftovers it can work.
Tanya

goleta
Tue, Oct-15-02, 19:34
Thank you for the suggestion tiger sue.

Flamingo
Wed, Oct-16-02, 09:08
I'm ususally on the go pretty early, too. I found something simple that works for my schedule. I buy uncured ham steaks from the health food store. They weigh about 8 oz. I cut one in half and use that for my AM protein. If I cut the half into smaller pieces, it's not too messy to eat in the car. Then I grab a small apple and some grape tomatoes or baby carrots and run out of the house.

Good luck!

Susan

bonappetit
Thu, Oct-17-02, 15:59
one thing that's easy is meat and cheese rollups from the deli. wrap them together, stick a toothpick in them and put them in a tupperware for easy snacking or taking to work.

goleta
Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:22
Do you mean like turkey and roast beef, etc.? I thought we were not allowed deli meats on tsp. Thanks for the reply

bonappetit
Mon, Oct-21-02, 18:43
I take care to select deli meats without fillers/preservatives, and I think she mentions that in TSP, but I don't think there's anything wrong with sliced meats per se.

Good luck,