PDA

View Full Version : My wife is freaking out about me going on a low carb diet!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mmonnig1
Mon, Oct-14-02, 15:12
I'm 33 y/o, 6ft 0in, and 200 lb. My ideal weight would be around 180 lbs. Also noteworthy was a recent blood test revealed my cholesterol was 223.

I just started a few days ago and my wife is freaking out about how unhealthy this induction phase is and how my cholesterol is going to triple. I've tried giving referrences regarding the limited research Atkins has posted on his site but to no avail.

Does anyone have any personal testimonies of how this diet has affected you cholesterol levels? Please feel free to post before and after LDL and HDL ratios and triglyceride levels.

Help me please!... Before my wife nags me off this diet. :(

jude
Mon, Oct-14-02, 15:37
Hi,

I did a search (headings only) and came up with this list of threads:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=116555&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

You'll probably hear from several people, but perhaps this will help get you started.

Good Luck !

judy

FLOG
Mon, Oct-14-02, 20:03
It does lower your blood pressure...cholesterol, and tri's.

I proved it when I had blood work last year.....doctor was amazed it lowered my blood pressure also.......

hopefully this will ease her fears....... :thup: :D

krazzybird
Tue, Oct-15-02, 05:10
Mmonnig1 -

Maybe you should tell your wife that you will do this for one month, get your blood tested, and if the results come back worse you won't ever do it again...... chances are they will come back way better and maybe that will prove to your wife that this WOL is a healthier one. Just a thought! ;)

mmonnig1
Tue, Oct-15-02, 07:03
Thanks for the responses. I did end up promising to have blood work drawn in 8 weeks. :thup:

Talon
Tue, Oct-15-02, 10:27
My husbands overall cholesterol went from a 234 to a 178 in 3 months. Your 8 week mark, may or may not show a difference - for a few people the cholesterol goes up for a few weeks, and then drops.

Take a look at those search results - I've seen quite a few testimonials!