PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tokyo

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tokyomom
Sun, Oct-13-02, 17:23
Hello everyone. I am an American living in Tokyo. Is there anyone else living in Japan? I am not having much luck finding low carb food items such as spenda, protein powder, pork rinds, etc.

This is my first time here so I guess I will go and browse. Have a great day! :roll:

Zuleikaa
Sun, Oct-13-02, 18:04
Welcome to lc!

For induction try to stick to real foods. I don't know what's available in Japan. I assume plenty of vegetables and fish.

There is a lot of information and support on the board. I'm sure you'll find someone in Japan.

Good Luck!

SooCee
Sun, Oct-13-02, 19:09
Hello!

Welcome to the forum! I am also an American living in Tokyo. Some stuff is hard to find, but do you know the Foreign Buyers Club? They might have it there. If you look it up on the website, you might see they have splenda, pork rinds, etc.

It is easy to find fish and vegetables. Good luck, and if you have any trouble would love to help you!

SooCee
Sun, Oct-13-02, 19:20
By the way, where in Tokyo do you live?

tokyomom
Sun, Oct-13-02, 23:55
I live in Azabu Juban. Where do you live?

Karen
Mon, Oct-14-02, 01:37
You are so lucky to be living in Japan. The raw ingredients are fantastic! Especially the different types of tofu and other soy products.

When I was there, I did notice a few products sweetened with stevia. Most notably the Pocari Sweat soft drink that you can buy in almost any vending machine.

Karen

SooCee
Mon, Oct-14-02, 04:33
Wow I go to Azabu Juban a lot. I go to Temple Univ. there. I actually live outside of Tokyo, in a suburb. It is called Sagamihara.

tokyomom
Mon, Oct-14-02, 05:00
SooCee

Where do you buy low carb food products? Can't seem to find much. I have been looking for splenda but can't find it. Any ideas?