PDA

View Full Version : Banana & Apples

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

puppyrazzi
Sat, Oct-12-02, 17:26
Bananas and Applease my favorites fruits and supposedly two that should be eaten in moderation but sometimes I eat 2 bananas a day, one at 10:00 a.m. and another at 3:30 p.m.

The weight loss has been very steady, though I've endured two plateaus where I did not lose any weight in an entire week. Nothing change on our menu during those plateaus. My husband has hit two similar plateaus. I have no idea what caused those plateaus but we have had amazing results losing weight on our Life Plan. I've lost 55 lbs since June 6, 2002 and Mark has lost 51 lbs since June 11.

Don't lose confidence during those platueas! We all go through them, no matter how strictly we follow our Life Plans. If you splurge just go right back to your Life Plan!

Cheryl

TeriDoodle
Thu, Oct-17-02, 19:52
Two bananas a day?! That's 50 grams of carbs right there.... they also are very high on the glycemic index. Bananas are delish... I miss them... but they're not a very good "carb value". I stick with low-glycemic fruits such as apples, pears and berries for the lowest impact on my blood sugar. But you say you're still losing.... so more power to ya!! :thup:

puppyrazzi
Sun, Nov-03-02, 11:38
Myself, my husband, and mymother have read both of Drs. Eades books and we continue to lose weight and we still eat lots of fruit...watermelon, canteloupe, apples, and bananas....to each of us those fruits are especially enjoyable.

The one thing we adhere to is we do not eat fruits anywhere near our meals. Accept the green veggies we eat at dinner, we do not consume carbohydrates while we are consuming protein. It's our rule #1.

My husband has lost 62 lbs and he started 6 days after I did. I started on June 5, 2002 and he started on June 11, 2002, and my mother started sometime in late August, after she saw the amazing results we had in a 3 week period. We never gave up eathing fruits this entire time...we simply keep fruity snacks 2 hours on eather side of our meals....we eat 6 times a day minimum...sometimes 7 depending on how hungry we feel.

I'm not advising anyone eat bananas and apples. I'm sharing what I do....I know how high they are in carbs....but step back...eat sensibly, eat often, and eat some fruit daily. Since we do not do a multivitamin anymore, we rely solely on our food to get nutrition. Twice a week we take a supplemental vitamin E with dinner. I'm not advising anyone to stop taking multivitamins either, I'm just sharing what we do based on our reactions to different information.

You're a mentor and I wish I could know all you know. I will continue to read your posts and learn from them...but as a fat girl on her way to being healthy and thin I think my experience, not my knowlege, has value too....I feel sad when I see large people who want to lose but feel like they have to suffer to do it...60 lbs in 5 months.

Cheryl

Kristine
Sat, Nov-09-02, 13:34
Hi Cheryl! <b>Congratulations</b> on your weight loss so far. :thup:

I miss bananas - but I don't miss being starving-with-a-capital-S 45 minutes after eating one. :lol: I used to have a banana with cottage cheese for breakfast, and my stomach would be growling on the way to work. :rolleyes:

I can see how fruit can work for folks whose metabolism isn't too messed up. Fruit on an empty stomach would probably send my blood sugar through the roof, then back down through the floor. :eek:

Excellent advice on plateaus. I think too many people get too hooked on why they're not losing weight as fast as they'd like to be: well, it's something we're not in total control of, and sometimes, there's just no explanation. You just have to let your body heal itself on its own time. The weight didn't appear in a number of weeks, so it's not going to DISappear in a number of weeks.

Have a good weekend!