PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fietser
Sat, Oct-12-02, 14:07
Finally I can post after having browsed this forum for the past 10 days or so.
For the same time I have started a ketogenic diet in which I kept the carbs to 20 grams or less.
As I wasn't exercising much at the time I didn't do the carb-up day, but the next week I will do 2 cardio workouts (spinning) as well as 2 weight training sessions., and will progress to 3 each.

So, I expect to hang out most of all at the CKD forum!

Yours sincerely

Fietser (cyclist) from the Netherlands

RCFletcher
Sat, Oct-12-02, 14:15
Hi Fietser!

Welcome to this board. There are many wonderful people here who will give you all the help, advice and encouragement you need.

Good luck with the CKD. I'm too much of a coward myself!

It's nice to see someone new from this side of the pond.

Best wishes from Belarus.

Robert :wave:

Fietser
Sat, Oct-12-02, 15:12
Zdrastvoeitje!

A pity I haven't been in your country, but I once fell in love with a great guy from Gomel! Wasn't prepared though to follow the example of an acquaintance and visit Gomel 10 times a year..

The carb loading is not something I have done yet. Am a bit afraid that I would go back to stuffing my face for a prolonged period as I used to do so often in the past.
On the other hand it sounds like fun to be eating pizza on purpose (and ice cream too if it isn't too fatty).

Fietser, who supposes belorussian isn't very different from russian, but who forgot nearly all she ever learnt).

RCFletcher
Sun, Oct-13-02, 03:49
Privjetanja Fietser!

I don't blame you...Gomel is a dump. I'm in Minsk - and I'm British by the way. Belarusian is about as different from Russian as Dutch is from German.

I've often thought about CKD but I don't have access to a gym and although I also like cycling it is just a way of getting from A to B for me. I just stick to the Atkins diet. I've been on it just over a year now and have lost about 20 kilos.

You can make something like a pizza by making soya flour pancakes and putting all the pizza stuff on top. Also there are many recipes for low carb ice cream on this site. I prefer thick sour cream sweetned with a powder type sweetner - heaven.

You will find great people in the CKD forum including TrainerDan who even has his own book out I believe.

Best of luck,
Robert :wave: