PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bobbie
Tue, Jun-12-01, 17:05
Hello all!!!!

My name is Bobbie. I just wanted to introduce myself to ya'll. I have been on the Atkin's diet several times in the past couple of years. It is really the only diet that I can stick to. I usually just do the diet for a couple of weeks and then get off of the diet. I started dieting again yesterday. Tonight I tried the "hashbrowns" using radishes. They were very good. I am always looking for new dishes to keep it exciting. Do ya'll have problems getting full on this diet? I do under 20 carbs a day. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!!!! I also noticed that someone can't find pork skins. I can't find Ross chocolate bars here. Maybe we could work something out!!(ha ha)

tamarian
Tue, Jun-12-01, 17:23
Hi Bobbie, welcome aboard.

I get full easily on this way of life. My problem sometimes is I get too bust to remember to eat, which is bad since it slows metabolism.

Good luck on sticking to it this time, you already have the experience :)

Exchanging products with other members is a good idea, for products that members can't find locally, sort of an exchange deal. Some have already done that. Feel free to post such proposals, if it gets popular, we may even create a special forum for just this purpose :)

Wa'il

Sharon
Tue, Jun-12-01, 17:27
HI Bobbie...just a quick welcome....I'm sure you'll find lots of support and encouragement from all the great folks here. Be sure to read the tips section.

Personally, for me, this is one way of life where I hardly ever get hungry and if I do...it's because it's meal time. I find protein really keeps the hungry away.

Good luck and post often, perhaps consider joining the "The Journal/Bootcamp section". I know some people think it helps keep them on track.

debbiedobson
Tue, Jun-12-01, 18:21
hi bobbie and welcome!!:D i'm so glad that you find this site! it's a wonderful place for support, info and an exchange of ideas!
i'm sure you'll bring a lot of lowcarb knowledge along w/you!

wa'il, i like the idea of an exchange forum. i know a lot of americans who come up here to shop. it's funny to think that we have lc products in demand that they can't get in the states. well they only started carrying splenda this last year!;)

tamarian
Tue, Jun-12-01, 18:41
Originally posted by debbiedobson

wa'il, i like the idea of an exchange forum. i know a lot of americans who come up here to shop. it's funny to think that we have lc products in demand that they can't get in the states. well they only started carrying splenda this last year!;)

Great, what should we call it?

Wa'il

fern2340
Wed, Jun-13-01, 06:26
Welcome Bobbie!!!!

Bobbie
Wed, Jun-13-01, 09:08
I would be more than happy to participate and help anyone out that I can!!!!!!

debbiedobson
Wed, Jun-13-01, 11:27
Originally posted by tamarian

Great, what should we call it?

Wa'il

how about cross border shopping?
canada/u.s. exchange shopping?

r.mines
Wed, Jun-13-01, 11:31
How's about ..... THE TRADING POST ?

Reflecting both our 'Canadianness' (Canadianity?) and the international nature of the site .... perhaps those other than Canada/US would also be interested. Also, since the east and wests coasts of Canada seem to have different products available, we might want to swap items within the country.

Just don't send me any ice cream, low-carb or otherwise!

Rachel

PS: Just occured to me - some people had been talking about setting up a clothing exchange; perhaps this could also be accommodated on the new forum?

tamarian
Wed, Jun-13-01, 16:32
I like Low-Carb Trading Post! Don't hate me for this Debbie! ;)

This can be open to all our members (even Anne in Malaaysia!) :)

Wa'il

Bobbie
Thu, Jun-14-01, 10:57
Sounds great!!!! There is not much dealing with low carb stuff here in Alabama, but we do have an abundance of pork skins!!!! No health food store in Huntsville, Alabama has Ross candybars. One store is ordering the carbolite candy bars, are they good?? I have seen more low carb stuff within the last year though. If I can help anyone just let me know!!!!!!

debbiedobson
Fri, Jun-15-01, 08:58
Originally posted by tamarian
I like Low-Carb Trading Post! Don't hate me for this Debbie! ;)

Wa'il
wa'il, i could never hate you, silly boy!:D i like lowcarb trading post as well. it kind of reminds me of our past!