PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to be here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladynymue
Mon, Oct-07-02, 10:56
Hello all. I have been committed to low carbing for about 7 weeks now. I did attempt this twice 3 years ago but I seemed to have a real problem fine tuning my needs with my lifestyle. And of course the high carb addiction kept me quite naughty too much of the time. But now I have found these last seven weeks have been pure joy as I have never felt better and I guess what they say is true....If at first you don't succeed try try again.
Also my main motivation was not the weight this time but the crippling arthritic pain that I suspect was due to the high grain consumption in my life then. I won't say the arthritis is 100% gone but it is now no more than an ache when I overdue it. In seven weeks I have gone from tears to a slight grimace from time to time. The weight coming off is just a wonderful side benefit.
Lovely to meet you all!

Nym

Akiwican
Tue, Oct-08-02, 07:35
Wow you are doing great :thup: Sometimes the health benefits outweight {pardon the pun} the weight loss benefits! Sometimes they go hand in hand. Either way its a great way of life. Welcome to the forum.

:wave: Akiwican