PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Question about weight loss....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

krazzybird
Sat, Oct-05-02, 10:21
Help.... I have been doing this WOE for about a month now, and since then only lost about 3 lbs. For some reason I thought I would have seen more of a change in the scale. I cut out a all of the breads and milk (read that might have be a stall food for me), and have increased my protein. I have been exercizing every day - someone said that might be stalling me... is that possible?

Any feedback would be appreciated - kinda feeling down about the progress..... :confused:

Thanks.

gsnyder
Sat, Oct-05-02, 13:28
Hi Leah,

I spoke with you about this on another thread, but I'm not one to help you with weight loss!!! I'm not doing so well in that category, but I will say I feel better with cutting out the sugar. Just hang in there. On another board, Molly had told me not to worry because my body was probably going through a healing process! That was nice, I thought. Someone else told me to hang in there and after about three months, I should see a difference! Who knows??? I do know that you can find support on the boards and that I do feel as if I have more energy. One of my big problems is I am not making the time for exercise. I MUST get going on that. It's so easy in my stressful life to put that on the back burner, but I am trying to make a conscious effort to get back into some exercise routine. In reference to one of you comments, I can't imagine that exercising would make you stall in losing weight, but who knows??

Have you been to the message board on the Sugarbusters' web site? There are some good ideas there and also there's something called Newbie Tips that are nice.

Have you read the Sugarbusters book?

Hang in there.

:dazzle:

krazzybird
Sat, Oct-05-02, 19:05
Ginger -

Yes, we have spoke before - but I truly appreciate your feedback. I have read the sugarbusters book, but maybe I need to go review it... must be missing something. I hear you about the exercise - it is hard to get that going, but once you do you truly feel so much better.

Hope next time we see each other we can say we are seeing better results! Keep the Faith! ;)

Baconbabe
Tue, Nov-26-02, 12:43
You said you 'cut out breads and milk'...you realize that is NOT atkins right? Have you read the book? If so i would suggest reading it again..if all you have done is cut out milk and bread you are probably still eating a ton of carbs a day... Did you follow induction correctly?

List a weeks worth of menus for us to look at...every single thing you eat in a day..along with amounts..and all liquids you consume :)

Yank_in_NC
Tue, Nov-26-02, 13:13
Leah:

There are carbs in EVERYTHING! lol Not just bread, etc. If you don't have the book, just go to the Atkins website. It gives you a shortened version of the different stages of Atkins but is very informative. http://atkinscenter.com/howto/index.html

This is my seventh week on it and I've only lost 10 pounds. I was hoping for more by now but I'm sticking with it because I actually do feel better on it. Cravings for sweets have diminished, etc. That was a big plus for me.

Hang in there.

Kim

krazzybird
Wed, Nov-27-02, 07:51
Baconbabe and Yank -

Thanks for your replys... but to clear up some confusion - when I posted this thread I was on the Sugarbusters plan (which allows for whole grain bread, etc). I switched to Atkins in October and I do have the book (still reading it though). I am still in induction and stay within the 20g a day. Have been doing Atkins for about 8 weeks and have lost about 14 lbs - so pretty happy with that! Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!! :)