PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gsnyder
Fri, Oct-04-02, 17:55
Hello everyone,

I am new to this board. I've been doing the Sugarbusters WOE for two months now. I must say I do enjoy the way I feel and the eating is easy, but I haven't lost any significant weight! My doctor suggested I start this plan because my blood sugar was elevated at my last physical. I have an appointment in November with my doctor to see if the blood sugar level has decreased. If it hasn't, I don't know what I'll do. I have given up all refined sugar and white flour and root vegetables!!! I thought that by now I would have lost more than 10 lbs.!!! Oh, well. Even though I'm discouraged with the weight loss, I am going to continue with this WOE.

molly1844
Fri, Oct-04-02, 20:02
Hi Ginger! :wave:

Glad you found your way here!

Do your clothes feel looser? Have you lost inches? Sometimes when the scales won't budge I find that I have lost inches instead.

If you like, you can post a sample menu. Maybe we can spot a "Stall" food for you.

molly :heart:

gsnyder
Sat, Oct-05-02, 09:02
Molly, Thanks for offering to help with my food.

Breakfast: One fried egg on 1/2 legal bread; margarine & jam on the othe 1/2; one glass of oj; one cup of coffee

Snack: Raw almonds and dried apricots

Lunch: Caesar salad with 1/4 grilled chicken breast; water; one cup of cappucinno (sp?)

Snack: Raw almonds and dried apricots

Dinner: 1/2 cup raw Edamane Soybeans; leftovers of squash, onions, mushrooms, grilled pork loin, and brown rice; two glasses of red wine

Snack: 1/2 cup of no sugar added ice cream with almonds

Water throughout the day

molly1844
Sat, Oct-05-02, 09:39
What a good looking menu Ginger. :)

Here are a couple of thoughts:

Bkf: I am assuming the jam is All-Fruit and thus SB acceptable? As a personal preference: I use butter instead of margarine.
Tastier and less processed.

Snacks: Look good. I like dried apricots and nuts as a snack too.

Do you have SF Ice Cream everyday? That can be a stall for some people (BTW My fav is Breyers French Vanilla. Makes a fab Root Beer Float or is wonderful topped with Splenda) Sweetened Berries.) I try not to have it more than once a week though.

Everything at lunch appears legal again assuming that the coffee is SF.

Supper looks good too. But the wine could be hampering weight loss. Do you usually have two glasses with supper? What if you cut back to one glass for a few days and see if that made a diference?

Overall: I would consider upping your protein a bit; maybe add more chicken to the salad and more protein at breakfast. I am estimating, based on your current weight, that you should have a minimum of 72 grams of protein per day.

Veggies look fine but how about adding some fresh fruit? I like apple slices with Peanut Butter for a snack. Apples contain heart healthy quercetin too.

Looks like you have the starchy carbs well under control.

Do you use FitDay.com to track % of carbs, fats and protein? If not consider checking it out. It's a free service and allows you to set personal goals. I don't use it everyday but maybe 2-3 times a week just to see if I'm on target.

Hope this helps!
molly :rose:

krazzybird
Sat, Oct-05-02, 10:27
Ginger -

I know how you feel...I am in the same boat. My doctor put me on this as well. Have only lost 3 lbs in a month... thought the loss would be more significant. Can't say I don't feel better, but kinda depressing when you look at those numbers on the scale...

I don't have much advice for you, cause I am searching for answers too... but just wanted you to know you were not alone in your quandry.

I quess if we stick to it, the pounds are bound to come off... and feeling healthy and being healthy is more important than the number on the scale.... :rolleyes:

gsnyder
Sat, Oct-05-02, 10:32
Support is important, and I agree that I do feel better in spite of the scale not seeming to move much!!!

Ginger

krazzybird
Sat, Oct-05-02, 10:36
Ginger -

Keep up the good work, (as frustrating as it can be when the scale doesn't say what we think it should), it will all pay off in the long run!

Just try to stay positive and remember all good things take time . :)