PDA

View Full Version : Hi fellow Low-Carbers!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gopher
Thu, Oct-03-02, 11:00
Just popping in after an extended 'vacation' from low carbing. Needless to say I've gained a few pounds back that I had worked so hard to lose and now I'm ready to get serious again. My fat cells are quivering in fright (well, they quiver all the time but that's beside the point) 'cause they know I mean business.

A litte 'bout me .... started Atkins in 1999, lost 40lbs scale weight (roughly 50lbs of fat and gained 8 of muscle from working out). I dropped from a size 18 to a 12 and was pretty happy about that. In March 2001 I decided to try and incorporate a different program - Body for Life - loved the program but it didn't love me, still do the workouts though. Incurred lots of injuries, gained back 10lbs immediately and never lost it again although I did drop another size which I've since regained. I've been hopping from plan to plan since fall 2001 trying to find something that worked, gained back another 10 lbs (making it 20 lbs gained back altogether) and I'm rather disgusted! So back to what I know worked in the past .....

Used to visit here quite regularly - Tamarian will remember me, but I doubt the rest of you will! Anyhow - I don't get much time to pursue my interests online these days but I want to be able touch base with others in 'like' situations from time to time to keep me accountable and to help others where I can. See you 'round!

Talon
Fri, Oct-04-02, 04:35
Welcome back! This is the second (and last) time that I have been on Atkins... first time I just was not ready/prepared. But this time....this time we will keep at it!

Gopher
Fri, Oct-04-02, 11:37
Thanks for the Welcome Talon.

HerbNurse
Fri, Oct-04-02, 12:01
Hi Gopher :wave:

Seems like most of us here have suffered from 'yo yo' syndrome.

I am on BFL plan at the present time and love it. Sorry the plan didn't love you but atleast you love the work out routine. I feel powerful and strong and at 50 that means a lot to me.

Again, welcome back.

tamarian
Sat, Oct-05-02, 06:58
Hi Gopher,

Nice to see you again :wave:

Wa'il