PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nedsed
Wed, Oct-02-02, 12:09
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and to the LC lifestyle in general. I'm on my fifth day of Atkins, and it's wonderful to see such a supportive group of people (I've browsed your site for a couple days now).

I've been overweight for a long time, and I had all but given up. I started reading a lot about low carb diets, and thought I would give it a shot -- and I really want to make this work. I'm in my mid-20s, and I'd love to eventually wear something that reflects my age! I'm not rushing this, though. It took a long time to put all this weight on, and I figure it'll take a while to take it off, too. :rolleyes:

It's been a little bumpy, so far, with trying to plan my meals, and not giving in to cravings (but I haven't given in yet). Looking forward to posting some questions, and to reading your pearls of dieting wisdom.

Thanks!
Nancy

:)

Talon
Wed, Oct-02-02, 13:47
Nancy,

Welcome! :wave:

It seems you have the right mind set for seeing this WOE as just that a way of eating. You are definately on the right track, I just know you will succeed!

Feel free to ask questions and look around some more!

cre8tivgrl
Wed, Oct-02-02, 15:28
Welcome, Nancy, to this group and to the low-carb way of life!

Getting the hang of eating low-carb with come with time and practice and soon it will come naturally and you will have a diverse menu to enjoy! ;)

Good luck to you!

Shelley