PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Inanna
Tue, Oct-01-02, 23:13
Hello,
I've decided on Inanna as a nickname. I am about to start the low carb diet. This forum is really neat, I was on the diet a couple of years ago and did well, unfortunately I didn't stick with it.
But I feel as though I am back in a space where I would like to regain some control over myself (haha), and see how low I can go.
I've decided on a work out plan and everything. I am due to start that as soon as the membership details are worked out. Most likely will begin the day after (canadian) thanksgiving.
Does anyone have an tips for beginning, or should I just jump in. Yes, I've read the book (Atkin's), but I thought some out there might have some useful hints.
Time for bed, thanks and talk to you all soon,
Inanna

wangeci
Wed, Oct-02-02, 09:58
Inanna,

Welcome to the board, well you have completed the first if what you need to do which is read the book. You can also read other books Protein Power is much like Atkins but explains the science behind Why we lose a bit better.

Diet, we do not use that term very often, but you will hear it referred to as WOL (Way of Life) or WOE (Way of Eating), it is a lifetime committment and will work best that way, rather then yoyoing back and for to low carb whenever one gains weight back.

You have joined a club that is great, you will want to maybe start a gym log for working out on this board, there is one in one of the forums here. Also maybe a journal there is a sticky at the top of this forum to let you know how to start a journal. It is a very good way to track your progress or know what is going right or wrong in your eating patterns.

You should also check out the kitchen forum for excellent Ideas on low carb recipes.

Welcome

Cindy