PDA

View Full Version : I am starving at breakfast time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Barbaraann
Tue, Oct-01-02, 07:52
Is there anyone out there who might be able to tell me how to get rid of my hunger pangs at breakfast time....or infact now (its 3pm here in the uk) and I have at least two hours before my Reward Meal.. I am new to this low cal and haven't yet cracked the way forward...although did lose three pounds last week

Thanks

:roll:

Karen
Tue, Oct-01-02, 08:24
By all means eat Barbara! Atkins stresses that it's OK to eat when hungry. Some people do better on 6 small meals than 3 large ones.

I don't know what you mean about the reward meal. That's from another plan, not Atkins.

You may need a refresher on what the Atkins plan is and what it isn't, so don't hesitate to read the book again.

Karen

agonycat
Tue, Oct-01-02, 08:40
The reward meal sounds more like CAD (Carbohydrate Addicts Diet) than Atkin's. The Atkin's plan does not have reward meals.

Atkin's is a straight 20 carbs a day, 2 week induction diet. No bread, pasta, rice, sugar etc at all. CAD does allow for these during the reward meal.

orchidday
Tue, Oct-01-02, 09:08
Hi Barbara! :p

Before I started this plan I was never hungry in the morning. I usually ate about 1:00 for the first time of the day. I have been on Atkin's since August 1, and now when I get up I am famished! I think it is a great sign! My metabolism is working differently and my body wants protein in the am to get going. Now I eat within an hour of getting up.

Be careful of letting yourself get too hungry. Hunger leads to binging and we know what that leads to! I know CAD is structured very differently. I like Atkin's because you eat when you are hungry and you eat enough. I understand that CAD allows NO in between meal snacking. Personally, I would rather trust my body to let me know when it is time to eat. Although, in all fairness, CAD works for a lot of people. Good Luck to You in whatever you decide! :D Cindi

Barbaraann
Tue, Oct-01-02, 10:13
Dear all

Thanks so much for replying to my request...you will be pleased to know that I didn't eat and now its count down to my main meal...thank goodness something tasty is about to happen..ha!

I got it wrong it isn't the Atkins diet I am on....no sugar going to the brain...ha! It is the CAD which is harsh for me...where can I find out about the Atkins one...which allows you to eat more often

Best Wishes

Barbara (UK)