PDA

View Full Version : Me Now!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Texasgal
Mon, Sep-30-02, 12:01
I just wanted to post these photos to prove that this WOE does work and for anyone who has doubts. I had tried so many diets, actually Weight Watchers always worked for me in the past, but after having three children I foudn with any low fat diet that I was always hungry. I read one day in Oprah how the Atkins was a success for so many...So the next day I started it...The first 2 weeks I think I only lost about 3 or 5 pounds...nothing like the 10 to 15 pounds you hear about. I didn't give up. I thought 5 pounds is better than nothing. So I stuck with it...Some weeks or days, I will step on the scale and have lost 3 pounds over night, some weeks go by without losing a pound. I feel so much better now and I still have about 20 pounds to go....but aafter 25 pounds, I feel healthier and I cant wait to get into those jeans this winter... :D anyone who has doubts, take a look and see what happens with a little determination and Atkins on your side! :)

Kandi

P.S. I hope I am doing this right! :confused:

Texasgal
Mon, Sep-30-02, 12:05
OK, well, I guess I have to upload two different pictures...Dont know of anyother way! :confused: hee.

gibsongirl
Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:14
Wow! Texasgal, way to go! You're really shrinking. It gives me hope that I will get there,too. Thanks for posting your pics. You are an inspiration. :thup:

Gibsongirl

tamarian
Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:19
TexasGal,

What a change!! You look awsome! :thup:

Wa'il

Danyele
Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:48
Kandi,

Wow, you look amazing. That's a great inspiration for everyone. :)

Danyele

Texasgal
Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:53
Thanks so much you guys! I wanted to just add that I started this WOE on June 19, 2002 and have gotten this far. I feel great and everytime I look at those pictures I remember how I was and I never want to be that heavy again. Keep up the great work everyone! I'm still going strong with 20 to go!!! :wave:

kandi

bmeloche
Mon, Sep-30-02, 16:01
Kandi:

Not only do you look thinner... you look YOUNGER!!! Way to go!

Kristine
Mon, Sep-30-02, 17:56
Hi Kandi!

<center><b>You Look Fantastic!!!</b></center>

I can't believe the 'before' pic was only a few months ago! The difference is really noticable. :thup: Congrats on your success!

sewcrazy
Wed, Oct-02-02, 10:36
I'm so impressed! Thanks for sharing - I am even more motivated than ever. My start weight was very close to yours, so I can look forward to looking fabulous in 3 months. Yay!

Kathryn

JerseyDon
Wed, Oct-02-02, 11:48
:cheer: Kandi :cheer:

You Rock! Way to go you -- look so fantastic!

krazzybird
Thu, Oct-03-02, 12:02
Kandi -

Congrats !!!! You look fantastic !! It is really an inspiration to see what great results people get from the LC WOL!! Keep up the good work! :D

Texasgal
Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:15
You guys are so sweet, thanks for the kind words...I remember when I used to browse the success stories and look for pictures and how people were such an inspiration to me not long ago..I cant tell you how good it feels for ME to be an inspiration to others now...Once I lost those first 10 pounds, it was so easy to keep it up...Thanks again for the kindness...I cant wait to post my pictures 20 pounds from now!!!!

kandi

TriciaW
Fri, Oct-04-02, 16:39
When I am having a particularly stressfull day, I like to wander in the success story area for a little inspiration. Thanks for the validation that this really works! You look wonderful! Congratulations on sticking with it :D :D

Yan
Fri, Oct-11-02, 13:42
Texasgal!

You look so incredible and so very different from your first photo! Wouldn't know it was the same person! CONGRATULATIONS on your success so far! :cheer: and keep up the great work!

ginkirk
Fri, Oct-11-02, 14:38
Awesome! You look really, really, really great. Wow.

Texasgal
Wed, Nov-13-02, 08:02
WOW! I just took my measurements and here they are...Well here is what they were when I first started:

Thighs: 24 1/2
hips: 46
waist: 40

NOWthey are

Thighs: 20 3/4
hips: 41
Waist: 34 3/4

When I take the tape measure and stretch it out to where I used to be, I cannot believe the difference. Even though I still have a bit over 10 pounds to go, I have gone out and bought myself some new clothes! I am wearing a loose 12 or a snug 10. A medium in shirts. It wasn't but about 4 months ago when I would walk into Dillards and dream of buying some of the cute pants they have now and think I wish...Now the dream has come true! My husband canot believe the difference! My shoe size has even gone back down to a 6 1/2...Which is what I wore before I had three kids! :D The feeling is wonderful! Thanks for all the support this forum has given.!

DWRolfe
Wed, Nov-13-02, 09:05
Atta girl, Texasgal! Awesome job! Hang tough through the holidays!

Donald :wave:

Kaela
Mon, Nov-18-02, 12:15
You look so beautiful! You look like the younger sister of your fisrt picture! Concratulations you should be very proud of yourself!!! :p

quietone
Tue, Nov-19-02, 09:12
Congratulations.

You really do look like a kid now! I know you are so thrilled with your success. :clap: :wiggle: :cheer:

(And thanks for the mention on the shoe size. I have noticed mine is bigger now and was wondering if it would get back down again.)

Bloom
Thu, Nov-21-02, 03:11
WOW :cool: you are truely a beautiful young woman. Well done and thanks for sharing your inspiring pics :thup:

nikkil
Mon, Dec-30-02, 06:47
Thank you so much for posting your before and after pictures. We have a lot in common--I'm a mom of three boys, am starting at the same weight you WERE and we're about the same height. It's great to see the changes--you look awesome!!! You are definitely a huge ( ;) ) inspiration to me! Thanks again and Congratulations--YOU ROCK :cool: !!

anjelica
Sun, Jan-12-03, 00:02
Thanks for posting your before and after pics! Its a huge inspiration to see everyones before and after and to know that it CAN be done!!

Keep up the good work!

bmeloche
Mon, Jan-13-03, 00:28
Thanks for noticing... I have had a hectic last few weeks, so I haven't been online much. I will try to post new stuff in my journal and website this week.

anjelica
Mon, Jan-13-03, 07:52
Brian, Hectic is good, keeps ya outta trouble and the idle time to eat absorbed by other things...

at least thats MY theory! :daze:

Ruralgurl
Mon, Feb-03-03, 19:58
Just surfing success stories and came across your success!
Wow you do look great congats!
How are you doing these days?

I didn't consider I might take off a few years as well! :)

Texasgal
Mon, Feb-03-03, 20:41
Hi! Thanks for the compliments! I am doing find, although I must admit, I took a few, um, months off! :eek: I have maintained my weight at about 164! however, I am pleased to announce that tonight I tried on some jeans I bought a month ago, that btw were too snug then, and they fit! WHOO HOO! I really thought I had put back on an extra 10 pounds, but I have really tried to limit my carb intake while taking the break. And I did not gain ANY weight!

I started back on the Atkins WOE today! I feel great and cant wait to lose this extra 15 pounds I want to shed. Thanks for all the compliments, they all make me feel sooooo good! You guys can do it! Keep up the GREAT work! See ya'll later

mandyjo412
Tue, Feb-04-03, 09:01
Hello great job on your weight loss, do you eat any kind of bread Atkins or any kind? Thats my biggest downfall, give me a sample day of what you eat please, thanks alot :wave:

mandyjo412
Tue, Feb-04-03, 09:03
Bmeloche, this was for you about the bread question thanks :wave:

Ruralgurl
Tue, Feb-04-03, 11:19
Well welcome back then I guess! ;)
I am glad you are not taking too long of a break and have been careful with your carbs. I know how difficult it is over Thanksgiving and Christmas! My experience with a break was that the weight did not come back on right away and I felt good. I was watching the bad carbs too, slowly and I am not sure how, but I slipped back to eating anything, started to feel unwell and the next thing I had put all my weight back on 40# :eek:
I sure don't want to hear that happening to others!!! I am back on track too, although I have twenty to go before I am back to my initial Atkins loss to weigh 164!

Your success is at this point is just wonderful though and I am betting you have so much more energy for your children and family too!
Have a great day Texasgal!

Texasgal
Tue, Feb-04-03, 12:25
Hi Mandyjo! I am not Bmeloche, but I can answer your question...or at least the way I do it ;) I do not eat bread while on Atkins. Not even the Atkins bread! It was hard for me at the beginning, but I just had to set my mind in the frame that I HAVE to lose this weight! Now, after being on Atkins WOE for so long, I do find that it is the best way of eating for me. I have more energy, I dont get any headaches anymore, and I am much healthier. I used to get headaches on a daily basis, horrible headaches. While on Atkinds I dont!

Have your tried the Sugar Busters diet? I know on that WOE you CAN have bread. You can have Pasta, rice...The only thing you cant have on Sugar Busters is white potatoes. SB did not work for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I like the ATKINS WOE the best. I need the disipline, at least until I get the weight off, then I will look into adding some more carbs. Although when on SB, you have to eat certain kinds of bread, rice, etc...But nonetheless, it is bread and pasta. I think it tastes rather good. Maybe you can give SB a try if you are having a hard time on ATKINS! You have to find the right WOE that is right for you. One diet may work for me, but not you and vice versa. If you know what I mean. Good luck!

nubian
Tue, Feb-04-03, 23:09
You look Grrrreeeaaatttttt!

Keep up the good work.

~Nubian~ :roll:

Netters
Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:15
TexasGal, yippee ki yay for you down there in armadillo country!! (Texas is my favorite state.) Beautiful!!

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-07-03, 13:23
I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your success so far. It really is an inspiration for so many why people post their before / after picture. Thanks so much for sharing.

jst2c10agn
Fri, Feb-14-03, 15:57
Texas Girl- you have done such a terrific job...I also have 3 kids and I was peeking in your journal regarding summer being easier to stay on plan; probably b/c we are not in the car all day going here and there. I started around the same time as you and I took off several months...the damage on the scale says up 10lbs...I say better than up 20. I started induction today and even went to the gym.

I just wanted to say thanks for encouraging everyone with your picture...a picture, really does say a thousand words. Continued success.

PoofieD
Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:46
Its such a difference its like looking at two different people!
Congrats and thanks!
Nedra

AlluraD
Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:06
Wow!!! You must feel soooooo good~ *s*

kmarie1351
Tue, Feb-18-03, 12:35
Thank you for posting your inspiring photos. You look wonderful! I hope I can post a few photos of my own soon.