PDA

View Full Version : BS's and SF Chocolate

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pammie
Sat, Sep-28-02, 21:08
Well, even though I was afraid that I might get these results, I had to check. The other day I bought some Russell Stover SF Toffee Chips. Ate two servings and one hour later my bs had risen 40 mg/dl. Tonight I decided to check the results after eating Carbolite. Before BS 93, ate two bars which only supposedly had 1.3 g eff. carbs each. One hour later BS 150. No wonder these set off cravings! :( Won't be doing this again for a long, long time.

Lisa N
Sun, Sep-29-02, 09:47
Pammie...

Looks like you found the answer as to whether or not these things affect your blood sugars. Not everyone reacts the same way, though. I haven't found them to increase my blood sugars much at all, but then again, I don't usually have two candy bars or two servings of any low carb candy at one time.
On the other hand, Aspartame makes my blood sugars bounce all over the place, so I avoid that.