PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ANJ
Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:41
<font size="3">Hello, my name is ANJ.

I am pretty pleased to join this message board and I have been low carbing since mid July. I have lost about 21lbs and have 65-70 more lbs to go.

I've been down to 140-145 before, but I lost it mostly depriving myself on a high carb diet and exercising fanatically, basically the way everyone is taught to lose weight. I was a notorious yo-yo dieter and weight gainer. I have never been a stable size.

I am a meso-endomorph in body build and I've got the kind of body that looks lighter than what I weigh (although I am moderately overweight) and people who are much heavier than me can weigh less. I think this started me off on the wrong track and I never understood while growing up why I weighed so much more than other girls but now I know (through education and experience) that not everyone fits the standard BMI chart expectations. I had to learn not to judge my body type so harshly and become more knowledgeable on the differences between various body types. At my goal weight of 140-145 I would be very slender standing at 5'5"tall. So by telling people how much I actually weigh, they are usually very surprised.

I've batted with overeating for a long time and I am still trying to overcome that. That is not something that will be easy to overcome or that I can trick myself into thinking that I can defeat overnight. I have also had long time problems with binge eating too and that can be difficult to kick when you are used to constantly craving high carb foods, particularly foods of a grain/sugar mixture (breads, cakes, donuts, etc).

I am in my mid 20s, I am a college student majoring in Fine arts (my concentration is Ceramics & Glasswork), and I live in Sounthern California.

I am looking to chat with people who can offer advice, support, information and even friendship. It is great to get to know people who understand your plight and are in a similar life change with you.

<b>ANJ</b></font>

fuze
Wed, Sep-25-02, 19:34
Hi ANJ,

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your wl endevours. Seeing how no one responded to my post, I especially looked for posts with zero replies. :wave:

lesleyc
Wed, Sep-25-02, 19:35
Hi ANJ,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for help and to make new friends.

Starting up a journal is good for getting peoples thoughts and help, nd to help you keep track of how things are going.

Well done on your loss so far...that's great :thup:

Lesley