PDA

View Full Version : inches vs pounds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tutalu
Wed, Sep-25-02, 08:50
Hello all! I am so thrilled that I wanted to share this with everyoneto realize that in one week I have lost 3 lbs but lost 2 inches off my belly and 1 1/2 inches off my waist! That's amazing to me without exersizing! I LOVE this WOE! What are some of the other weight loss stats out there????

DebPenny
Wed, Sep-25-02, 09:34
Tammy, here you are seeing the real benefit of low-carbing! While we get rid of the extra fat on our bodies, we build muscle, sometimes without even trying. It can skew our progress on the scales, but it is so wonderful to see it in our mirrors, clothes, and measuring tapes.

Congratulations!
;-Deb

suze_c
Wed, Sep-25-02, 09:48
It goes back to the old adage... a pound of feathers versus a pound of lead... you are losing fat,and it sure takes up a lot of space!! In January (lemme get out my trusty little handy-dandy notebook here) I lost 3" off my waist AND 3" off my abdomen in one week and within a month's time, I had lost 35" WITHOUT EXERCISING, on the places that I was keeping track of! Now I am not advocating non-exercise... it is something that one should be doing... there are just circumstances in my life,mostly pain, that hinder my exercising like I would like. I am checking out things I could possibly do tho, Keep up the program..it works!!

tutalu
Wed, Sep-25-02, 10:31
Wow Suze, that's a great amount of inches you lost! How wonderful for you! I am planning to start swimming at the local city facility...they have water aerobics and lap swimming. That may be a low intensity option for you, as well. :) I am WAY out of shape, so my exersizing will be slow and gradual! Keep up the great work! :wave:

tutalu
Wed, Sep-25-02, 10:45
Thanks Deb, you have accomplished quite a stride yourself! Thanks for your support. :p I sometimes get a little light headed in the afternoons. Maybe I'm missing some type of nutrient. I guess I should be taking a multi-vitamin...yeah, I think I will. Do you supplement?