PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

madamruby
Tue, Sep-24-02, 13:08
Hi everyone! My name is Jamie. I new to this site. This is my second day on the Atkins diet. I'm having a little problem with craving my Pepsi and feeling a little run down. But other than that doing great.

Well just wanted to say hello and I hope to talk to all of you soon.

Jamie :roll:

P.S. Congrats to all of you on your success!!!!!!!!

Talon
Tue, Sep-24-02, 14:11
Jamie, :wave:

Welcome to this site. I wish I had this website my first time around on Low Carbing - it is just a treasure trove. Look around, and feel free to post any questions.

Kristine
Tue, Sep-24-02, 21:58
Hi Jamie! :wave: Only craving Pepsi and feeling 'a little run down' is excellent. ;) Keep it up, and I hope you're enjoying it! I know I am - I have a ton of free time I don't know what to do with, now that I'm not constantly eating. ;)

madamruby
Wed, Sep-25-02, 12:14
Thank you both so much for your support. I don't get that at home too much. Still craving the pepsi but I found some diet, caffiene free so i had one of those last night. (NO CARBS)

well thank so much again.

charmz14
Wed, Sep-25-02, 14:45
Hi Jamie :p
I'm new too, I've been on Atkins since 9/20/02 and the one thing I had a major problem with was the COFFEE :daze:
Boy do I LOVE coffee. I am so addicted to it I had a headache for about 4 days and I had to give in each day and have about 2 cups just to function!! Last Saturday I got nothing done until around 2 in the afternoon when I couldn't take it anymore!
I'm down to one cup in the morning and that's it. I'd like to get off it all together, but one thing at a time. I haven't been hungry, I think most of my problem is in my head. Anyway, hang in there. I lost a few pounds already in the past few days of intro.

TTYL
Lisa

madamruby
Wed, Sep-25-02, 22:20
Hi Charmz14 :wave: ,

You know this is my 3rd day on the Atkins diet. I have found there are alot of things to eat and I like most of them. But I can't help craving the Pepsi! Do you mean that you have lost weight while gradually taking yourself off the coffee? :daze: I assumed that I wouldn't lose any weight if I continued drinking Pepsi.

I did find some caffiene free, diet Pepsi and it tastes alright but it doesn't take away the craving for caffiene. And I've had one terrible headache ever since I started this diet.

And would it be terrible if I only ate 2 meals a day? I have never been one to eat alot of meals and I'm not hungry enough to eat 3 meals a day. Would this end up being bad for my diet?

Well thanks so much for your support. Hope to chat with you soon!

charmz14
Thu, Sep-26-02, 08:00
Hey Jamie :D

Well, this what I've been doing, I can't tell you if it's right or wrong, but from reading alot of the "threads" I've gotten alot of info in my head.

I had a killer headache for days, I took Motrin about 4x a day and it still didn't go away, I think between giving up sugar, bread, and all the perservatives in junk food, my body was just withdrawing from it all. It's been 6 days I don't take Motrin anymore, I'm down to 1 cup of joe a day, I have more energy and lost 10lbs !!!!

I belive to keep your blood sugar level (or something like that) you should eat something in the morning, lunch and dinner.
I've been eating an Atkins bar on my way to work, but I hear they can "stall" you. I haven't had that problem yet. then salad with chick or meat w/ Marie's Blue Cheese or Sour Cream and Dill dressing (yummy) and meat for dinner.

So far so good. Let me know how you're doing... :p

Lis
PS Don't forget WATER WATER WATER !!!