PDA

View Full Version : hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wimsey619
Mon, Sep-23-02, 09:00
This is my first post here. It seems like a great place. I've been reading for about a week and everyone seems very supportive.

I'm doing Atkins and so far so good. I haven't done any ketosis sticks but I started Sept. 6th and so far I've lost 22 pounds. It seems unbelieveable because I haven't been able to lose weight in years.

I had a lot of health problems that caused me to gain weight, hypothyroid, breast cancer, ruptured disks, and I've never been able to lose it. I went from 135 to 140 all the way to my high of 240. And it about broke my heart it happened so fast.

So after being overly thin to basically normal for the first 42 years of my life, I've spent the last six being (I hate the medical term) ... being obese.

I never ate very much. Most days under 1500 calories. Still I gained. I think overnight I just became carbohydrate sensitive and the very food I ate to try to lose weight packed it on.

This is really working for me. I've decided to stay on induction for a while longer because for me I feel I still have so much to lose that I would like to get a jump on it before I slow down.

My goal is to be able to walk into a department store and buy clothes that I think are pretty. I absolutely HATE the specialty stores that are out there for overweight women. They are overpriced and underquality garments and I feel like a failure every time I shop there. So I buy few clothes and wear them to death.

Anyhow, this has gotten really long ... I'm glad to be here.
:wave:

Paulie-M
Mon, Sep-23-02, 09:49
Hi There:wave:,

Welcome to the forum. First of all congratulations on losing your 22 lbs :cheer:. I bet you feel very proud of yourself.

You will find a lot of tips and encouragement on this site. There is also a link to thyroid problems in the general health section. You will be surprised just how many people have problems with their weight and thyroids. I hope you have got your levels balanced now. It took 4 operations and nearly 28 years to get mine stable :eek: .

Once again, huge congrats on your loss to date. Keep up the good work and let us know how you get on.

LittleAnne
Mon, Sep-23-02, 13:44
Hi Wimsey and welcome to this site. I was really interested to read your story, particularly how you put on the weight so quickly. Seems like a reaction to a drug which stimulated your insulin production. About 15 years ago I was on B blockers and put on 30 pounds very quickly. Now I know why.

Many congratulations on those 22 pounds lost. :cheer: :cheer: That is terrific and must really inspire you to keep going. There is just a chance that you body might put on a pound or two before the scales go down again. If so, don't worry about it. Your body has lost a lot in a short space of time and needs time to adjust, so it could store more water than it needs. Hopefully this will not happen to you.

It looks like its a major Brit welcome to you!!!

Every success.