PDA

View Full Version : Re-introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LauraVonk
Sun, Sep-22-02, 21:08
Hello everybody. This is my second try at changing my life. I tried the Adkins WOE over a year ago. I had done really well for the first month or so, fell off the bandwagon, and it's taken me this long to get the nerve to try again. I kind of halfway tried to follow the diet on and off this past year, but it took hitting bottom again to admit that I have to really set my mind to follow it fully, not halfway or half the time. One thing I've discovered for sure this past year- I am 100% addicted to sugar. I can't have any or it sets me back all over again. And unlike some here, if I get set back from the sugar, it takes me weeks to months to recover. I know I have to limit the other carbs too, like bread, potatoes, rice and stuff, but nothing sets me off like sugar...... I was doing fine on limited amounts of stuff with splenda in it, but the one time I had a very small piece of regular cake, that did it. Messed me up for over a year........ So, here I go again.... For the last and permanant time. (Thinking positively here)

I've been lurking here on and off the last year, and I'm so glad to see the success that many have had. Gives me hope and encouragement......

SooCee
Mon, Sep-23-02, 04:32
Hello Laura.

Welcome to the forum! As you probably already see, this forum is filled with advice, info, and lots of support :thup:

Glad you decided to get back to this WOL.

Good Luck ;)

Paulie-M
Mon, Sep-23-02, 05:13
Hi Laura:wave:,

Nice to see you back, welcome to the forum. Glad to see that you are thinking positively about your future weight losses. Just think what you've learned over the last year. Hope you are rewarded with a weight loss soon. Your will pick up lots of help and advice here.

Take care.