PDA

View Full Version : Getting together

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sue
Tue, Mar-13-01, 12:47
I need ideas. I would like to place an ad to invite anyone interested in low carb dieting to get togeher to share ideas. I had thought about having guest speakers, sharing recipes, testamonies, bring food. Have any of you done this type of meeting? What would you suggest?

r.mines
Tue, Mar-13-01, 21:49
I guess the first thing that comes to mind is where you'd all meet....I would want to avoid having a bunch of strangers over to my house, for security reasons.

Is there a local community centre you can use? Maybe you could offer a workshop, info session, or cooking class (depending on your talents and interests). If you get enough people interested, you could take it from there. Are there a lot of low carbers in your area? Is there already some sort of forum for people to meet?

I've never really done anything like starting a group from scratch before, just thought I'd throw out a few ideas.

Rachel

tamarian
Tue, Mar-13-01, 22:40
Great ideas Sue!

Here's an idea: Start small and build up from your base. For this to grow, you need others who share your enthusiasm. Best thing to start such a group is the through get togethers, low-carb dinners or potlucks. We've done this and it works great. Our chef Karen also gives low-carb cooking lessons as well.

Good luck,

Wa'il

IslandGirl
Wed, Mar-14-01, 02:04
speaking of which, does our chef have some time or plans in the forseeable future for more LC cooking classes?

I'd LOVE this... a nice Saturday afternoon seminar and eat the efforts? ;)