PDA

View Full Version : success

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jojo55
Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:06
I have been reading this board since I began 9 weeks ago and always get inspired. I read no-carb cook books at night to keep my head in the right place. I have lost about 18 lbs. and thrilled with the ease of it all. I don't go nutso measuring or even blasting myself if the coleslaw had some sugar. I just go on.

Heavy cream seems to be has helped the most, in eggs, SF jello, diet root-beer. I need top read up more on maintinance and how to transition in about a mointh or so. any ideas?

DebPenny
Sat, Sep-21-02, 17:03
Congratulations, Jojo! And it's great you have come out of hiding.

It's great you are keeping focused. I think that is the most important thing. When you keep your focus on low-carbing, even when you over-indulge in carbs, you are still in the mindset to just keep on. This is what works for me. As far as I am concerned, I never go off the wagon, so to speak. I just eat more carbs sometimes (thankfully not too often).

I assume you have read the Atkins book. It's not my program and so I haven't yet read the book. Although I am intending to. But there is supposed to be a good section on maintenance and transitioning to it.

You might also try reading The Schwarzbein Priniciple (there's a second book coming out soon that you might want to read instead). With TSP you are less concerned with hidden carbs or counting carbs. I find it very easy to follow and I already know how I will eat when I finally reach my optimum body configuration.

;-Deb

jojo55
Sat, Sep-21-02, 19:06
I forgot how great it is to get support. I give it a lot, but need to bring more into my life. I will check out TSP and see what's next.