PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SusanKH
Fri, Sep-20-02, 09:59
Being the good girl that I am, I reread alot of TSP last night and came across this little gem:People who have destroyed their metabolism by using stimulants will always gain weight when they stop using stimulants. It's on page 55 in a gray box. I have used lots of stimulants for years - namely caffeine and chocolate. Some of the others she lists are: alcohol, amphetamines, carbohydrates (especially man-made), cold medications, tobacco, and sugar (page 48). I thought this might provide an explanation for those who gain weight initially on TSP.

Susan

Hammj
Fri, Sep-20-02, 16:13
Good point!

DebPenny
Fri, Sep-20-02, 22:56
Thanks, Susan, for the reminder.

She also says that it may take as long as a year for people with severly damaged metabolisms to begin losing weight on TSP.

That's why patience is key. ;)

;-Deb

rosarugosa
Sat, Sep-21-02, 09:27
I imagine that TSPII will deal more with that also--I am getting anxious!

I just discovered we can read chapter 8 of her new book by going to her site: http://www.schwarzbeinprinciple.com/ go to the info on her new book/ then click the link in large letters 'click to order' and it takes you to HCI online to read it/when there click : 'read an excerpt'

I think I will read it a few more times. It reminds me of how it takes patience and why, also (I can't remember the exact quote, but -- one doesn't lose weight and then get healthy, but first must get healthy to lose weight. This is so different from the mindset of yo-yo dieting/the kind that will show quickly on the scale but 'thumbing it's nose' at quality. I try to remind myself that (having grown up in the country :)) outhouses are built quickly compared to good solid places to dwell in the rest of your life(homes)

PoofieD
Sun, Sep-22-02, 10:55
As I have posted about my sister TigerSue.. she started to take care of her health last year..and for several months did nothing more than work out..and try to get caught up on her rest.
She has made changes month by month..and IS LOSING.
so I am using her as my guide.
I have done things to harm my system..and I am doing the things to heal my system..
and that is MY MAIN focus.
so I refuse to measure and weigh at this point.
I have muscle that needs rebuilding and bones that I am sure I have damaged.
I have tissues that are plumping out and healing..
I am going to give it MORE than that year to get all healed... when I do lose. I will know that I have made it to the road of health.
I already know I feel good.
:-)
SUSAN!!! THANK YOU!
:roll:
Poofie!