PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pbach
Thu, Sep-19-02, 11:54
Hi! I started at 200 lbs. at the beginning of the year. I lost 5 pounds doing the Special K diet for a kickstart. Not real thrilled about that but lost 5 pounds. :)

I started Atkins Induction in August with the intention on moving to Somersizing (after a lot of research). I did Induction for 4 weeks and 30 grams of carbs for 2 weeks.

I went to the doctor for a physical. My cholesterol was higher, my glucose is great, but she found out I have an underactive thyroid. I'm very relieved because I now have the help of some medication.

Now, I've started Somersizing. I think I can eat this way for the rest of my life. To date, I've lost 20 pounds. I've got 30 more to go.

I feel great. I'm very excited about finding this forum and the support of people who understand what I'm going through.

Peace!

lesleyc
Thu, Sep-19-02, 14:01
Hi Pbach and welcome to the site.

This is a great resource and you will find heaps of helpful information and advice.

Well done on your loss so far :thup:

Good luck
Lesley

Paulie-M
Thu, Sep-19-02, 15:44
Hi Pbach :wave:

Well done on your weight loss so far :thup: . I hope your thyroid problems are soon sorted out. All the best for future losses.

SooCee
Fri, Sep-20-02, 20:36
Hello pbach. You are doing great so far. Keep it up! This forum is great for advice, info, and support! Good Luck ;)