PDA

View Full Version : when is it time for a thyroid recheck?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chemlady
Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:04
Hi I'm Laurie and I have been taking synthroid for 11 years. I have gone up in dose and down in dose and most recently before I started atkins i had gone up. My question is now that I have lost over 50 pounds should I go for a recheck or should I go with the old saying " if it ain't broke don't fix it". I would not want to slow my weight loss. I am not due to see my doc until january.
I don't have any symtoms that i am taking too much. What about taking your temperature inthe morning. Would that be an indication of anything?

SlimShAdY
Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:12
Hey, I'm from RI too :D

Anyways, this thread basically answers your question...

Link (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61633)

But if you feel the same, and you're still losing weight... then in that case...Like you said, Why fix something that's not broke? :daze:

Could try the sticky link at the top for more info as well. :roll:

Liz99
Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:52
I have been on synthroid for 13 years and you should get your level checked every 6 months.Make sure to tell the Doc that your LCing.Mine hasnt changed my level yet and he thinks this LCing is great for alot of Hypos it seems to work better for them than other diets.Go figure!

Paulie-M
Mon, Sep-23-02, 10:07
Hi There:wave:,

I have to agree that you should have your bloods checked at least every six months. If I have my dosage changed for any reason, my doc tells me to come back after a month and she checks again, just to see how things are going.

chemlady
Tue, Sep-24-02, 11:22
Thank you all for you answers. I do indeed need to make an appointment with him. I really hate going though because it usually takes half a day out of work.