PDA

View Full Version : Introduction ~ Looking for Guidance

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

babi-doll
Wed, Sep-18-02, 03:29
Wow ~ What a wonderful website I stumbled upon. I appreciate all the tools available on this site. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time in here. :D

Started Atkins the beginning of August and I have to admit that I'm struggling with this WOL.

I don't really know where to start so I'll just list a few things I'm having trouble with and hopefully someone will come to my rescue. :D

I don't know how to cook :confused: I've been managing to BBQ meat and I'm pretty much sticking to basic foods.

I'm getting bored with the foods I'm eating :(

Steak
Pork Steak
Ground Beef
Bacon
Cheese
Tuna
Salmon
Mayo
SF Jello
Mushrooms
Cucumbers

I'm not getting in my 20-30g carb allowance because I don't have any idea what to eat and how to prepare it.

I purchased some Dr. Atkins Bake mix ~ No idea what to do with it?

I purchased some protein powder ~ No idea what to do with it either? :D

I need some simple recipes to get me started but most of what I'm finding on the net calls for ingredients that I've never heard of. :(

Maybe I'm on the wrong plan? I'm missing my sweets and breads.

Help ~ Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS > I hope I can fnd this thread once I push the send button.

Take care.

Lizette

SooCee
Wed, Sep-18-02, 05:49
First, hello, and welcome to our forum! It is a great place for support, info, and advice.

Sorry, I'm don't use the Atkins bakeing mixes so I can't really help you there.

It seems as though you are not eating enough veggies. Have regular salad with lettuce, tomato, and more... You can also have eggs, just remember you don't always have to eat MEAT, MEAT, MEAT!

If you want to look at how to do other plans you can look at 'Which low-carb plan is right for me?' on the right, right below Quick Links.

Good Luck, at keep it going ;)

babi-doll
Wed, Sep-18-02, 16:04
Thanks SooCee ~ I really appreciate the encouragement. I do believe you're right. I need to add veggies to my menu. I'm nowhere near 20g of carbs per day.

Take care.

Babi-Doll

Abbe
Thu, Sep-19-02, 09:11
Lizette,
I'm no cook either but not a stranger to the kitchen. There are numerous places on the web to get simple recipe ideas (this site for one) with recognizable ingredients. I found plenty of simple recipes like eggplnat lasange, and corn beef and cabbage (for example). My wife laughs at me every time she sees me cooking (I think it's my apron) but I'm actually enjoying it. I also BBQ a lot. Any time I cook I made large quanties and freeze the leftovers into meal size portions. I don't have the time or desire to cook every night.
Anyway, good luck. I just joined the forum and love it.

babi-doll
Fri, Sep-20-02, 04:00
:wave: Hello Abbe,

I appreciate you taking the time to drop by and say hello. You offered some great suggestions. :thup:

I'm up 2 pounds this morning. :cry:

I really must try harder this week. I had quite a few 'cheats' this week so it's time to buckle down and get with the program.

You're doing very extremely well ~ :cheer:

Take care.

Babi-Doll

babi-doll
Sat, Sep-28-02, 19:30
I don't check in here too often now that I've began a journal. All are welcome to drop in for a visit. Just click on the 'journal' icon below.

Take care.

Babi-Doll :wave: