PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NANCI B
Mon, Sep-16-02, 10:42
hello,
Im new to this way of dieting. I am at my all time high weight of 246.......well now, 240. I have been using the Atkins plan since 9/12/02. I think I can do this. I think carbs may have been my down fall all along. I am a nurse and was taught that this kind of diet is unhealthy, but I think now that I was misled. I think this may be a new lifestyle for me. I'm in the purple!!!

LittleAnne
Mon, Sep-16-02, 13:57
Hi Nanci B

Welcome to this forum. I am sure that you will find a lot of support and useful information on this site.

From popping around peoples journals I have noticed that there are quite a lot of nurses here, so you are in good company.

I see that Atkins is already having a marked effect with 6 pounds gone. Well done. It certainly is a very different way of life and goes against what we have had preached to us for the last ?? many years. Thus is takes quite a lot of mental adjustment to go down this track. I have now been living this life for over a year and really love it. Feel very fit, menopausal hormones excepted, and would not go back to old habits.

Every success to you. You may want to consider starting a journal on this site. It is great to record your progress and a good place to meet others. There is a sticky at the top of this forum about how to start a journal.

Homegirl
Thu, Sep-19-02, 11:43
Hi Nancy,

Welcome.

Believe me, once this way of eating has become second habit to you (and I know it takes some time to do this), you will never go back.

I have been LCarbing for almost 2 years now and I can't imagine going back to the weight, the fatigue, the brain fog, the headaches, the bloating, the gas . . . need I say more? Every once in a while if I have a free day and eat too much grain or sugar, I am reminded very clearly the next day why I have chosen to LC.

I bet you will be singing the same tune in no time, even though it goes against everything we have ever been taught about nutrition.

Take care.