PDA

View Full Version : Does PP work 2nd time around?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GailL
Mon, Sep-16-02, 08:16
Two years ago I ussed PP and lost 5 lbs over a 6 month period. It worked well for me, and I kept the weight off for a long time, mainly by avoiding carbs, but not specically following the plan. Eventually the weight crept back on. I began two months ago to follow the plan again (Phase II because I only need to lose those five pounds) This time there is a big difference in the effectiveness. I have been ping-ponging between 132 and 134 for the entire two months. My goal is 128, however at this point I would settle for 130. Has my body developed a resistance to PP diet, and if so, what can be done?

JerseyDon
Tue, Sep-17-02, 07:53
I don't have an answer for you, but there is a FAQ that has a lot of info at the protien power web site www.eatprotein.com.

Try that. :wave:

TeriDoodle
Tue, Sep-17-02, 08:24
It sounds as though you are blessed with a healthy, stable metabolism! Most likely it is simply an age related issue and your body has decided it likes this weight better than the weight you have chosen as your ideal! That's my $0.02.